In the advent of the “New Normal” circumstances brought about by the worldwide health crisis; The DOLE Regional Office has developed mechanisms to ensure the safety of clients as well as employees anchored to existing health standards in connection to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Applicants for Alien Employment Permit issuances are highly encouraged to utilize the online portal for New and Renewal applications. The online application is intended to regulate the number of clients received in the RO and to limit the exposure of employees to clients and vice versa. This online application shall also serve as pre-evaluation for completeness of information and uploaded documentary requirements. However, the online application is not definitive of the application, important documents are still required to be presented and submitted at the Regional Office for verification and filing purposes.
ALIEN EMPLOYMENT PERMIT
Under Article 40 of the Labor Code of the Philippines, as amended, any alien seeking admission to the Philippines for employment purposes and any domestic or foreign employer who desires to engage an alien for employment in the Philippines shall obtain an employment permit from the Department of Labor and Employment.
The Alien Employment Permit (AEP) is a permit issued to a nonresident alien or foreign national seeking admission to the Philippines for employment purposes after a determination of the non-availability of Filipino citizen who is competent, able and willing at the time of application to perform the services for which the alien is desired.
All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines and any domestic or foreign employer who desires to engage an alien for employment in the Philippines.
1. Application form duly accomplished and signed
2. 2 pcs. 2 x 2 ID Picture white background
3. Photocopy of passport of the Foreign National (FN) with valid visa and present Original
4. Original copy of Notarized Contract of Employment/Appointment or Board Secretary’s Certificate of Election enumerating the duties and responsibilities, annual salary and other benefits of FN
5. Tax Identification Number from BIR (TIN Card/Form 1902/ Form 2316 for renewal)
6. Certified true copy of valid Mayor’s Permit (from BPLO)
a. If CEZA registered:
i. CEZA Registration
b. If construction company:
ii. DO 174 Registration
7. Certified true copy per page of SEC registration and General information Sheet (GIS)
8. Copy of Certificate of Registration and Authority to Operate as PAGCOR Offshore Gaming Office (POGO), if applicable
9. If the company falls under the negative list per EO 65, authority to employ from DOJ or PRC or DTI or DENR is required before submission of AEP application
10. Special Power of Attorney from the company or foreign national with a copy of proof of Identity
FOR AEP CARD REPLACEMENT:
1. Letter request for replacement citing the specific reason
2. Affidavit of Loss
New Application: P9,000.00 for each AEP application valid for 1 year
Renewal Application: P4,000.00 for each AEP application valid for 1 year
In case the period is more than 1 year, an additional P4,000.00 for every year of validity or a fraction thereof.
Card Replacement Fee: P1,500.00
FINES IF FOUND WORKING WITHOUT VALID AEP PRIOR TO APPLICATION:
– P10,000.00 for the Employer found employing Foreign National w/out valid AEP
– P10,000.00 for the Foreign National w/out valid AEP
FOR INQUIRIES, CONTACT THE AEP TEAM THROUGH:
Email add: email@example.com